Friday, November 8, 2013

Here we go again!!!

I have always enjoyed writing (hence starting a blog almost 2 years ago) but honestly just because I enjoy writing doesn’t mean somebody will enjoy reading it.  About a month after my first post on my blog, I discovered I was about to become a mom again!  Not for the first, second, third or fourth time, but the fifth time.  The word “fifth” child didn’t roll so easily off the tongue.  I had a great amount of difficulty accepting the pregnancy.  We were able to keep it a secret for 4 months.  The only people who knew were my husband and my sister.  My sister is the only other person other than my husband who keeps my feet planted firmly on the ground.
As the pregnancy went on I found myself trying to just keep to myself, I didn’t write, I didn’t go places, I didn’t do anything that I didn’t have to.  I have never been a very good pregnant lady.  Hard to believe somebody who doesn’t enjoy being pregnant has managed to do it 5 times.  The closer I got to having the baby I think the more worried my sister got about me.   I think she believed I may try to eat this one, you know, like rabbits eat their young.  I was that unhappy!
We had our 5th baby girl in August of 2012, needless to say I didn’t eat her.   And I love her as much as I love the other 4, and can’t imagine life without her.  She added a whole new level of crazy to this house, as if it could get much crazier.  I just had no time for writing with 4 kids in school, and a brand new baby.  So once again mom’s life was put on hold.  It’s not like all moms can’t relate.  What mom hasn’t sacrificed themselves for their children?  I think that’s an unspoken rule once they pop out.  No longer do you put your wants and needs above theirs. 
I think this was the root of my “depression” for lack of a better term, during my pregnancy.  My youngest was due to start school 2 weeks after the baby was due.  I was looking forward to doing something for myself again.  I had already had a taste of it through the summer.  I had spent the better part of the summer on the back of a horse with my oldest daughter checking cows.  I looked forward to working outside more with my husband, and doing some things for myself.  Or simply cleaning the house in the morning and having it stay clean until 3:45.  Now I was taken back to ground ZERO.  
It turns out ground zero isn’t such a bad place to be.  I am enjoying spending some quality one on one time with my baby since the 4 older ones are in school.  We snuggle when we need to, something I didn’t always have or make time for with the first 4.  I have also learned that a clean house is nice, but not necessary.  They are only little for a while, soak it up.
 I took my oldest to her first JR high volleyball practice and held her hand the whole way! She looked at me like I was a crazy lady (I probably am).  I said I remember when you were a year old like your sister. Now you are old enough to saddle your own horse, help roundup and work cows, drive a 4 wheeler, wear bras, shave your legs and now I am taking you to your first JH volleyball practice.  Where did the time go?  I can remember the first time she rolled over oh so vividly, however, I don’t so much remember those milestones with the middle three, but that will be our little secret.
Now it is two years later, and I am thinking about wanting to write again.  I have been thinking about it for a while, I never told a sole that I had started this blog page and made one post.  Nobody has ever read stories I’ve wrote unless you count my Christmas letter, and Facebook.  In fact I got up yesterday morning and was looking up tips on blogging, when my sister calls me on her lunch break.  She tells me about a blog post she read from another young mom.  She tells me if she didn’t know better, the words could’ve just as well come out of my mouth.  Then she says, “You should start a blog!”  I hadn’t told a sole, not her or my husband that this was something I had always wanted to do.
So here we go, I’m going to give it a whirl.  You all get to be my guinea pigs!
I hope to post about parenting 5 girls ages 11, 9, 7, 6 and 15 months.  I hope to share about my life with my husband, being the 4th generation to make a living on a cattle ranch in Northwestern South Dakota. 
I write because I enjoy it, I choose to share it in hopes you enjoy it as well.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I felt bad about finding myself pregnant after I weaned my first. Finally, I could eat only a candy bar for supper if I wanted. Got used to the idea, was even feeling excited, then lost the pregnancy. We deal with what we are given. Glad it is working out! Just are putting off the adult time for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Janelle, I'm sorry you lost your pregnancy. That would be difficult! Keep your chin up, being a mom is not for the faint at heart! :0

      Delete
  2. Great post, I am Mike's sister, I am going to follow you. I hope to get back to my blogging after I finish my master's hopefully Summer of 14!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Lynn! I am nervous and excited about this new adventure!

      Delete