Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Here's the Crew!!

Here's the Crew!


 So I was thinking…I started this blog, and told everybody I had a husband and five kids.  Through a couple of my other posts I’ve talked a little about me and what makes me tick.  So I thought I should take the time to introduce you to the rest of squeaky wheels.
The husband and I met shortly after I graduated from High School.  That was 16 years ago, and now we’ve been married for 13 ½ years and have 5 beautiful little girls.  He is a hardworking, honest and loving man. He does his best to keep my feet planted on the ground, he’s a wonderful father to our children and he makes me laugh.  Sometimes I feel as if he’s my sixth child, but honestly what wife doesn’t feel that way.   
Our oldest, KJ is a very smart, beautiful, talented young lady.  She has been or parenting guinea pig.  We are probably the strictest on her, and expect the most from her.  I know what we expect from her sometimes seems like a lot, but as the oldest we expect her to be responsible and set a good example for her sisters.  In the end I don’t think that is too much to ask.   KJ loves the ranch, her horses, and the cattle.  If given the opportunity to skip school to work or move livestock, she wouldn’t have to think twice.  Especially if it meant she was going to get to ride her horses. Much to her father’s dismay, she is starting to grow an interest in boys too. 

Then there is TB, she is one of a kind!  TB has the most beautiful eyes that show right into her soul when she smiles.  TB is kind and likes to stick to herself.  For the most part TB is quiet, but don’t tick her off.  She has a temper! WOOOHOOO!  Just ask daughter number 3, CM.  CM seems to get the brunt of most of TB’s tirades. The two of them can be like oil and water one minute, and the best of friends the next.  TB likes helping with the baby, and enjoys reading and playing with her friends.  Things she does not enjoy: working and moving cows, and will only ride a horse when she darn well feels like it, which isn’t very often.
Then there is CM, the middle child, which she proclaims whenever she possibly can.  CM is a little blonde dynamite.  She has always been tiny, only weighing in at 5lbs 12oz. when she was born.  CM has always made up for what she lacked in size by using her mouth as a defense.  Let me tell you, sometimes she is the most brutally honest 7 year old you’ll ever meet.  She’s very much a “tell it like it is” kind of kid.  CM has her Dad’s blue eyes and sparkling personality, she is so much like him it’s scary.  
Number 4 is BR.  BR was the baby of the family for 5 years. Now she’s not.  She has always been a thinker, and has kept us on our toes since before she could walk. She is a very spirited little girl, whose sole goal in life is to give her mother gray hair.  A little blonde with big brown eyes and a beautiful smile! That child will never be a wall flower.    BR loves the ranch too.  She loves her cows, and her horses, Midnight and Pete.  They are her two best friends.  Midnight is old reliable, and Pete still likes to go fast once and a while.  Nothing makes BR smile more than going fast!  When she turned 4 she told us she wanted the fastest horse for her birthday, we waited till she was six to get her one.
Next is our little surprise, RJ.  We hadn’t planned to have five girls, or five kids.  Sometimes God has plans for us that we can’t even imagine.  I am sure glad He planned this!  I wouldn’t change a minute of having our littlest peanut.  RJ has a tendency to be a little bit of a momma’s girl.  As long as I am nowhere in sight her and Grandma and Grandpa get along great.  She loves her Daddy too!  One would think God himself walked in the door when the husband enters the room.  RJ drops everything to greet Daddy at the door.  As she grows so does her personality.  I think she will probably try to give me a few gray hairs too.
That’s all the nuts in this shell, pretty normal family just a lot of us.

2 comments:

  1. Not many days go by without me thinking of your little TB... Each and every time I hear the theme song for Dora I can picture those beautiful blue eyes and her super special smile as she proclaimed "Oh Man..." after seeing Swiper the Fox on a picture card or in a book. She will forever hold a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin, we were talking the other day about how much she loved Dora! I remember when we use to ask her what her name was and she would say Do-a! She's growing so much! My how time flies!

    ReplyDelete